Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Big Three-Oh!

What is with all the hype around birthdays? I'll tell you. Birthdays are celebration. Celebration of you, celebration of your life and celebration of how special you are to others. I love my birthdays! It is the day I celebrate the two special people in my life who mean the world to me. It is the day of realisations, past reflections and future promises.

This year though, I was feeling a bit low that the three people I usually spent my birthdays with, are travelling and not with me. But on the brighter side, I had my remaining pack - my  son, brother and grandmother with meThis year, the birthday started with this cheeky monkey wishing his Amma his version of "happy birthday". I am still pumped thinking of it. It was the best part of the day! I could go on and on about this birthday wish, but I am sure you got the gist of it. 



Messages kept pouring in and calls kept coming. Also, wishes kept coming from my cuties, with their lovely moms sending me their pictures with a happy birthday message or making them wish me. Nothing can touch your heart as much as a gibberish happy birthday from a little one! Once up and about, I got ready for a breakfast date with one of my best girls from school. And she comes with thirty cupcakes to celebrate the 30th year! I am awed by the time and effort she put into these cuties to celebrate my day.




By midday off I went with my childhood bestie. She is in fact more than a bestie. What do you call someone who has been there with you since you were a kid, never left your side, happy or sad times, told you on your face about what was right and wrong and cared for you just like their own? You got the point, right? So we went shopping, roamed around the city for a while and left for home to meet again after a break. By evening, the brother came home with a cake and a gift from the parents. While I was out he had taught my little one to sing happy birthday and these two boys did make it a happy one!




Dinner was all about people I consider family. And the birthday ended on a happy note with this family dosa! 




I would not say it couldn't have been any better. It would have been the best had my husband and parents been here but I won't complain, because it was way better than how I imagined it to be! I am grateful for the year that has gone by, grateful for the people who stood by me and was a major part of my life this year. 




Life, so far, has been the best with the most wonderful parents, who has supported me every single time I made a decision, telling me the pros and cons but leaving it to me to do what I want and backing me up, even when I told them about the boy I liked and wanted to marry. Even today, they continue to marvel me with the love they shower on me, supporting me in the most subtle way that only when I think of it later do I realise that, without them, I wouldn't have been able to push forward. They gifted me my best man - a brother who has been my biggest support, coming up with sensible suggestions all the time I am confused, being mature when I am immature and just being a gem all the time. 

I so hope the next thirty is going to be just as beautiful as the last was!

No comments:

Post a Comment