Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Sunday With Mrs. Funnybones


Two weeks back, on a Sunday early morning, when the rest of the house was fast asleep and I was enjoying my time alone, I took the new book I got for half the price because of some minor damage (which I wasn't much bothered about as long as I got the book) and sat myself on the bean bag in my balcony.  The moment I took my eyes off the book, I realised almost three hours had gone by and I hadn't realised - Thank God the husband and the kid was still asleep!

I had a lovely three hour conversation with Mrs. Funnybones, who made me laugh, read my mind and   spoke out (or penned down rather) things that crossed my mind at different times! I laughed out loud with her and thought about our three hours together much after that. You will marvel at the way she makes light of serious situations and jokes about those overwhelming, irritating situations we find ourselves in. She is funny, intelligent and a time-pass! 


What strikes a chord with you and Mrs. Funnybones is the fact that you know about the types she has written about. Just like her, you have all these characters around you that she talks about and you can totally relate to it! Mrs. Funnybones depicts the modern day multitasker woman, who does everything on her own, including what, earlier, the men of the house did. She also rants and gossips and insults, all quite funnily, about the people in her life - just like us! She wonders out loud about being a daughter, wife, daughter-in-law and a mother. Those petty fights we have with our mother, those adjustments we make amidst the disagreements (in our mind) with the mother in law, the kids who need us every waking moment that sometimes you just want to run away, the bigger kid also known as the husband or the man of the house who takes you for granted, acts quite bossy at times, but is quite dependant on you for everything! The cook, the neighbours, the lady beside you on the flight, your friends, she discusses with you on everything you can relate to. She describes the new mommy phase so accurately that it reminded me of mine. How rightly she related the new mom to a cow! This lady, she made me laugh, emotional, sentimental and light-hearted! 


Dear Mrs. Funnybones, I loved my time spent with you and I look forward to spending more time with you!

P.s: You can click on the link below to buy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment