Sunday, November 8, 2015

My Step-up Twin


I love the idea of twins! Growing up, I dreamt of having a twin sister - those Sweet Valley series effect! I always used to wonder how it would be to have a twin sister. Then that gave way to the dream of me having twins. When I learnt I was pregnant, all that I had to ask the doctor was if it was twins and "no" came the answer. There went my wish down the drain!


People thought I was crazy, but twins have always been a fascination for me. The idea of having someone to watch out for you no matter what, share your interests, lend a ear for your worries and who just knows you without any explanation - that felt good! But it was still a fascination and not what I will experience. 


Then it struck me one day. I've always had a twin sister alongside me. It just kept changing from one person to another depending on where I was in life. It was my childhood friend when I was a kid, the best friends in school, my close friends in college, my close friend from school who got married at the same time as I and who conceived around the same time as I did with our first babies, my colleagues who shared my interests at my work place, my neighbour who has a same age kid as my son - I found my twin in all these people and many more. They were there when I needed them, made me laugh, held my hand when I was worried and stepped up for me every single time without fail. And I realised, I will always have a twin in someone who shares my same interest and passion, whom I can open upo and whom I can relate to!

So, my dear ones who have been my partner in crime at any point of life, Thank You for being the twin I never had!


No comments:

Post a Comment