Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Family Lunch Date at the Nagarjuna


After we shifted our home far away from Koramangala, it was so difficult to convince the (lazy) husband to take me to my favourite restaurants in and around Koramangala. So one fine day we had to go to central Bangalore early in the morning and once the work was done by around noon, I promptly told the mister that there was no lunch at home and since I was very hungry and also felt like having Andhra cuisine, we had to go to Nagarjuna! I kept my fingers crossed, without him noticing of course, and managed to convince him to take me there (an achievement, definitely).


Ever since I knew I had a little heart beating inside me, almost 3 years back, I preferred vegetarian food and it hasn't changed till now. The last time I dined here was when I was pregnant and I must say, nothing much has changed from then. The food still remains tasty and spicy, the waiters friendly and the service speedy. Since it was a weekday, we got seats rather quickly and once we were settled, we placed our order. While I was sure I wanted the Veg Meals, the husband kept wavering between the Chicken Biryani and the Meals and finally opted for the Veg Meals with omelette. 


The food came without much wait and needless to say, it was yum! The chutney is their highlight - it's spicy, tangy and the best I've ever had! Everything from the pappu charu to the buttermilk ( I skip the kheer since I am not a fan of sweets) was just as I remember having from here always - tasty! Our little one too was quite enthusiastically having his share of the meal, finishing off both our kheers and curd with sugar! Be warned that the meal is on the spicier side, but overall it is a happy dining experience. 

Our personal favourites here:
1. The Veg Meals - Nothing beats it!
2. The Chicken Biryani - The last time I had that was three years back but the husband still drools over it!

With a happy tummy and a very diner friendly bill, I promised myself (loudly so that the husband hears very clearly) to come back soon!



Nagarjuna Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment