Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Our Favourite Books By The Age Of Three


I’ve been a bookworm from the time I was a little girl. I remember very clearly the first time I got a storybook to read and ever since, books have been a part of me in more ways than I can describe. It became a habit that has not left me from the first time I picked one up and flipped through the pages. I read whenever I could – those few minutes/hours that I got while travelling, while I waited to meet someone, and given a chance, while I was eating. I read myself to sleep daily and sometimes, I read into the late hours of night reluctant to stop the book midway.
Hence, it was only natural that while I was pregnant with the little one, I was looking forward to setting up a library for the baby and I dreamt of all those moments, where we would snuggle next to each other and read whenever possible. Even before the boy turned one, I was reading bedtime stories to him. It didn’t matter whether he understood a single word of it, but I knew it did hold his attention for a while. I read to him when he was bored of playing with his toys, I read to him before we dosed off, and I read to him when he was cranky as well. Now, even after the little boy has discovered screen time, the boy still loves books and there is nothing that can replace our story time. After all, like a friend told me, no one will ask you to keep down your book unlike a mobile/tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment