Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Bowing Before The Goddess Of Knowledge



A year back, around this time, I wrote my first post. About something that is very close to my heart. I never meant to pen down my thoughts. It had always been confined to the yearly diary that I keep. But, for the past few years, even that stopped and my mind became the safe keeper of my thoughts.

I still remember penning down the first article. Until the moment I put it in words, I had no intention of writing it down, let alone start a blog. I was in two minds about whether to post it or keep it hidden along with the many other scribblings of mine. But the words of encouragement that I got for it gave me the inspiration to write more,  and ever since, there has been no looking back.

Soon this little space of mine started, and I wrote (and still writing) about all that mattered to me. I started writing for a couple of other sites as well and after a two year break, I started earning. It may not be huge, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment, a sense of confidence. A feeling of I can. 

Writing helped me reconnect with quite a lot of old friends, who took effort and time to message me, just to let me know that they liked a post. It was through one such message that I connected with a junior of mine, who one day, out of the blue, asked me if I could edit a book for his publishing house, Lex Lab. I didn’t have to think twice before replying in affirmative, because, well, that's exactly what I wanted to do! By the time I finished the book, I had an offer in my hand to work as a Commissioning Editor for Lex Lab. Ever since, it has been a beautiful journey amidst words and books. I may not be earning as much as I used to in a corporate house, but this is more rewarding in terms of satisfaction and contentment, especially when you see your name in a book. Nothing could be more joyous than that. 


One year of writing. One year amidst words. I'm still taking baby steps and I have a long way ahead. But, it has been a really blessed year indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment