Monday, March 20, 2017

Fun With Flyaway


I was over the moon, jumping with joy, when the Soul team contacted me asking if I would love to review a few of their products. People who know the babywearing mom in me knows how I look up to the wonderful bunch of people at Soul for their amazing service, ethics and product quality, and how much I love their products. So, my excitement was natural considering my love for these guys!

After much discussion, we decided on a size 4 wrap for review. I left it to the team to decide on the fabric and design. Good I did that, since I got one of the most amazing designs from their collection! Once everything was finalised, I waited eagerly for the parcel to arrive and I couldn't contain my excitement when it reached me. The Soul team had sent me their Flyaway wrap and along with it, there was a doll carrier for the little boy (review coming soon).


The Flyaway print - white balloons in a beige shade on one side and vice versa on the other - is dreamy, if I have to sum it up in one single word. The design/pattern is one of the best that Soul has, both sides competing against each other to be the best print. I love how the fabric emits a slight shine while capturing images and I love how the print is as dreamy as it could get. Additional advantage? This colour is so versatile that it blends well with almost all your clothes! 

As with all the Soul jacquard material, the Flyaway too is soft and grippy. Yet, I would place it somewhere in the middle, while ranking the different jacquard fabrics that Soul has, when it comes to the fabric and its softness. To be more specific, it is more soft and cushy than their Switch Sides/Sweet Lime fabric (these are not available as wraps now) but not as buttery soft as their Maze/Sensational. 



I thought a size 4 would be easy to try out quite a few carries for me, considering that my diy wrap too is a size 4 (realised later that it is just a tiny bit above a size 4). However, I am not sure if it is because of the few kgs that I have put on or the little boy growing up, it was difficult for me to do the finishing knot while doing a forward carry (Front Wrap Cross Carry).  But, we had some wonderful back carry moments and it was perfect. It had been a while since I had wrapped and I had forgotten how weightless a wrap carry felt. The back carries with this wrap were literally weightless, spreading the weight of the little boy across my shoulder and back. I loved how I was able to do waistless carries with a Size 4 and still get some beautiful finishes. We did a couple of hip carries too, finishing it off with a slipknot which was grippy yet smooth enough to glide across easily.

I must add that this wrap brought along with it a lot of sleepy dust as well. We had moments where the little boy was talking to me while being snug within the wrap and the next moment he was in dreamland. It was very easy to transfer the little one from the wrap to bed, after which the wrap worked as a perfect convertible blanket, helping the boy have a good, snuggly sleep. Yet, there were times when I didn't have the heart to put him on the bed, inspite of he being asleep, and all those times, I carried on with my chores with my sleeping little boy on my back.


We did have a lovely time with this beauty, which was mostly our preferred carrier while we carried on with all the housework and at times, accompanying us during our outings. This being a size 4 wrap, was perfect for some quick finishes and carries while we visited the nearby shop or went for a quick walk around our building. We might have done a lot more fancy carries had it been a size 6, but no complaints there, as we had a beautiful time with the wonderful flyaway print and the soft fabric. 


For reference - The little boy is just over 3 years, around 13 kg in weight and 86 cm in height.

No comments:

Post a Comment