Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Kerala Trip And It Was All About Meeting New Friends!


We were in Kerala for a ten day break. I wanted to go to Trivandrum to be a part of Attukal Pongala, but we stayed on for a few more days since B was anyway travelling. So we spent a couple of days at Cochin with B's parents and the remaining days in Trivandrum. As always, the home trip was very hectic and busy. Again, as always, I started off with a list of to-do things while at home, even before I packed my bag, but nothing got done and yet again I've come back with a list of pending items to do that has been pushed to the next trip.

Yet, I enjoyed every moment of this trip. This little space of mine is growing and I have a page of my own. I've opened up on social media a lot more than I thought I ever would, considering that I have my set of people whom I reach out to for anything, even if that is in the middle of the night, and I've never felt the need to put across (a part of) my life out there for everyone to read. Yet, when I restarted my writing, this time not restricting to my diary, I poured whatever I felt like to this space. And over the last year, I can't tell you enough about the goodness it has brought to my life. I've reconnected with a lot of old friends, I've made new friends and I've had someone or the other, knowingly or unknowingly, by my side always.

This time's trip to Kerala has been a wonderful reiteration of this. Despite none of the plans I made not working out, I met a lot of friends. There wasn't a day that I sat idly at home, wondering what to do. I met a fellow babywearing mom at Cochin, with whom I had contact only over the internet and we chatted for a long time over lots of common topic. In Trivandrum, we had a mini babywearing get-together where a few of us, like-minded moms met and shared carriers and babies, tried out various carriers and chatted over babywearing, cloth diapers, and even menstrual cups - I am sure that this was a first in Trivandrum. It was so easy to connect, considering that some of us have never met each other before, and we had a beautiful evening together. As for me, I loved the cuddles I got with the squishy, little ones that I would have loved to run away and hide with these babies until their moms left ;)

Just when I thought things couldn't have gotten any better, an old friend (in fact, she was a close friend's cousin) called to check if she could drop by. It was this little space that  helped us to reconnect and I was excited to see her and her family. She came over with a box of homemade cupcakes and she stole the little boy's hearts. There was no formality, no uncomfortable silences and no starting trouble. Even if we got just an hour of time to catch up, we did have a lovely time catching up (and running behind the kids)!

This trip was not how I had it planned. Yet, it was much more exciting and wonderful. I never thought a blog or a facebook page is going to give me friends. But, it has gifted me tremendously and this trip was just a reaffirmation of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment