Friday, June 24, 2016

Pausing For A Breath


The boy has started school, I am trying to regain my earning self after taking a break to enjoy motherhood and the husband has changed jobs which means he either works from home or is travelling. There is no midway.

And it has been a mad, mad rush last couple of weeks. That, at times, I feel like I have eight hands (and still wanting more). It has been highly strenuous and so energy consuming, that I really do not know how soon the day ends. The only time I seem to take a break is when I hit the bed at night and I get my much needed recharging time until it is time for me to get up the next day for yet another action packed day. 

I'm still dreaming about the day the husband wakes the little one up, get him ready, drop him at school, feed the boy, spend time with him while he plays (not screen time!) and makes him sleep! For all the sharing the parental responsibility talk that I hear and read, I have a man who thinks his wife is capable of doing two person's job and more. He sure does believe in women empowerment, where the lady takes over the responsibility of the house, run around for the chores, ensures that everything is in order, takes the full care of the kid and find time to work! Yes, that's how our family moves forward. So much so that, it feels like there are two kids at home. It really does! And while, I confess that it is really irritating at times, I will not complain because I love doing things my way and this works out best for me. I feel a sense of empowerment and an option to steer through the day the way I want and it does make me feel like a superwoman at times. ;) 

These days, I hardly get to sit down and take a breath, my 'me-time' is being partly sacrificed for everything else and I'm just running along. However, even with all the fast-paced, jam packed, busy life that I am leading now, I have to admit I am having the best time in my life. I am doing what I love doing and I must admit, I'm enjoying. I am proud of how I manage whatever is put my way. I am glad of the way I carry on and grateful for some amazing friends who are around at all times, quite selflessly, in fact. I can't thank my lucky stars enough for having them around, coming into my life right when I had lost faith in the no-benefits-attached friendship. With all the roaming around, exploring places and chatting about the most random things, I sometimes do feel like a college girl with them.

Now, as the days get busier and life hectic, I realise, being a woman isn't easy. Oh, being a mom is no joke either!

No comments:

Post a Comment