Friday, June 10, 2016

Dessert Overdose At Berry'd Alive

It was more than a year back that we stumbled upon an amazing place in Koramangala (our usual go to place for anything related to food)-  a very cosy, after dinner kind of place where you end your day with the most amazing desserts. This place, Berry'd Alive became synonymous with desserts and ever since this has been THE place for desserts. 

Soon, we shifted homes and Koramangala became very far for us and all our favourite places there were buried deep in memories. This place too, was one of those. Forward to now, months (or year?) later, we found ourselves talking about Berry'd Alive and all of a sudden the craving for the desserts there was back. It just came back all of a sudden, when out of nowhere my cousin was telling about how he went there and liked the place. But reaching Koramangala, for us, is a picnic in itself and we found there was one in Church Street and soon, we were making weekend plans to gorge on some amazing desserts. And that's how, one fine Sunday evening, we ended up having desserts even before our dinner!

This branch, like it's Koramangala counterpart is very colourfully done. I loved the display boards where the items in the menu along with the photos are displayed. Makes it so easy to choose what you want. We were five of us and after much dilly dallying, we finally ordered for the Tangerine Chocolate Ganache Dome, Lychee White Chocolate Entremet, Spicy Banana Sundae, Brownie and Bombe and Salted Caramel Mousse.
I loved how the Tangerine Chocolate Ganache looked - a dark brown and green dome with chocolate sauce. It was rich in chocolate with bits of candied orange, which gave a tangy twist to an otherwise chocolatey dessert. Sadly, my little one and I were the only takers for this since everybody found the dark chocolate to be slightly bitter and overpowering. I, being an ardent dark chocolate loyalist, loved it though it was very rich and heavy. Pick this only if you are dark chocolate lover. 
The Lychee White Chocolate Entremet was the best of all. It was light, refreshing and fresh. The flavour of lychee was subtle yet distinct and amazing. In simple words, I loved it!
I was so looking forward to the Spicy Banana Sundae (the pictures were tempting with the bananas and red chillies!) but sadly, this didn't level up to my expectation. Not that it wasn't good, but it could have been better. It felt more like your good old banana sundae rather than the one with the perfect tinge of chilli. It was spicy yet that hint of chilli got lost somewhere amidst the bananas. 
The Brownie and Bombe consisting of ice cream, brownie, chocolate and caramel sauce topping was good - nothing extra ordinary but the perfect combination of your ice cream and brownie dessert!
Oh, I so loved the plating of the Salted Caramel Mousse. It came in a small chocolate cup, it actually looked like a frosted cupcake. I'm not a big fan of Salted Caramel and hence, this would't figure on my favourite list. But, I loved the fact that you can eat up the cup too after you finish your dessert and that chocolate cup was a real chocolate treat. You must try this just for that chocolate cup! ;)

The place is a bit pricey considering that you are paying just for desserts but if you are someone with a sweet tooth, it is a must try. Also, I'm not sure if it is because of the old memories, but I prefer the Koramangala branch over this one( The desserts there seemed to taste better, atleast in my memories), but of course, if I am around Church Street then I may end up here again!

This was a perfect ending to an otherwise normal weekend and I am still dreaming of all the desserts I should've had!
Berry'd Alive Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Hey Atheetha... Thank you so much for writing about us! We are glad that you have been a great dessert fan and continue to be one! Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete