Thursday, December 31, 2015

This Year...

A new year is about to begin. And with it, comes new hopes, new dreams, new wishes and many more. There is so much excitement in the air on new year's eve because the next day officially marks a new beginning. For me, new year's eve has always been about celebration - of the year that has gone by, of the year that is about to start and being amidst the ones I love. But this year, I wanted the celebration to be within me. I didn't want to be in the middle of a crowd trying desperately to get the husband on the phone at 12 to wish him happy new year (the first time after marriage we are away from each other for new year!) and trying even desperately to find the brother and parents among the crowd to hug and wish them the best. This year, instead, I chose to stay at home, reflecting on the year that went by and hoping for a good year ahead.

This year, I want to be a better person. I want to love more. I want to smile more. I want to worry less. This year, I want to pursue all that I like and push myself to the limit that I have to extend the limit. This year, I want to connect with me in a better way. This year, I want to write more, read more and dream big. This year, I want to go for many a trips and come back with memories for a lifetime. This year, I want to be happy!

This year I wish well for my family. I wish love and happiness for us. This year, I wish my little cherub all the cheer. I wish the house be filled with happy sounds of his laughter all the time. This year, I wish we have lots of family time together. This year, I wish all of us stay healthy. This year I wish us just enough - enough of happiness, enough of health, enough of everything. This year I wish we have the best year!

Here's to the year that went by and the new year that holds lot of hope. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment