Saturday, December 17, 2016

Oh Boy... You Are Three!


Wasn't it yesterday that the doctor told me I was carrying you? Wasn't it yesterday that you were born? Wasn't it yesterday that I was figuring how to hug the newborn that you were and sleep? And now? Before I even realised, you are all grown up my dear boy! You have your opinions and preferences, you want to be involved in whatever I do, and oh boy, aren't you a chatterbox? My eyes well up when I realise I no longer can cradle you in my arms. As much as I want you to grow up, there is a heavy tuck in my heart when I see you all grown up as compared to the newborn that you were!

Our life has been so lively and cheerful ever since you came by. There have been times when I just wanted to shut my ears and hide myself, but i wouldn't trade the yellings and messy house for anything else in this whole wide world. Ever! I love your little hand around my neck and I heart the night time snuggles and cuddles. I am proud when you get things right with whatever you were doing. I am proud when you talk perfect sentences. I am proud when you complete your little puzzles and says, "look, Amma!". I am proud when you ride your cycle like a pro. I am proud when you pick a book and ask me to read it for you. In fact, I am proud of you every moment irrespective of what it is.

Over the past year, you've become naughtier, yet terrible two was more terrific than terrible! You've lit up our lives like I never imagined and you have been my perfect travel companion, never fussy and at the same time looking forward to all the car, flight and train journeys that we made. I love our daily meals together and it's a joy to watch you eat though there are times that you shower the floor with food, drenches the food in water and make a mess altogether. You've become a chatterbox and your endless talks fascinate me, although there are times I long for silence. You've been my right hand in almost all the chores that I do at home, ever willing to help me. You know, little boy, you are my champ!

The last year was fun with your chatters and quirky one liners. I hope my memory never fades because I want to remember each of your gibberish talks and your funny plays. How much have you grown in the past year, dear boy? From figuring out how to walk and talk properly, you are a pro at both, and the climbing? Oh boy! There isn't any place in the house that your little hand doesn't reach and your little feet can't climb! I love the whys and hows that you ask and I hope I can continue to help you figure out the answer for all your questions.

My little boy, you mean the world to me and I love you with all my life. As you turn three, I wish you don't loose your innocence, the spark in your eyes stays forever and your happiness will always be infectious. I pray our home is always filled with your chatter and laughter. Although I dread it, a piece of me still hope you remain the naughty boy that you are. As much as I enjoyed the last year and I am going to miss it terribly, I am eagerly looking forward to your 'threenage' and the fun and dread it is going to bring!

Happy birthday, Adhrith!


1 comment:

  1. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete