Thursday, August 6, 2015

Motherhood

                                                              


I've had so many people come and tell me "You don't look like a mother", "You still look the same even after a baby" and the like. Which made me wonder always whether there was a particular or pre-determined way as to how you should look post delivery. You hear from experienced people, every single chance they get to let you know, that you change post baby!

Motherhood does change you, but it's much more than physical. It doesn't have anything to do with your appearance and it is way more than what your body undergoes. It changes you mentally, it changes your perspective about things and it definitely changes your priorities! Last day, I was having a bad migraine and was telling my friend how, earlier whenever I used to get migraine, all that I did was get into my bed with no light and sound whatsoever and let it pass. That was a necessity, then, to combat migraine. But now, that same necessity has become a luxury! I have a baby who comes running to me anytime he needs me, irrespective of whether his Amma has migraine or not, and in that moment, lying down with no lights and sound takes a back step.

Motherhood has taught me many emotions that I never thought existed. Every time I see/read about a child in distress, be it real or fiction, it rips me apart. My heart breaks into a million little pieces and it takes every nerve in my body to get back to normal.Being a mother has taught me to be selfless as well as selfish, strong as well as weak, detachment as well as possessiveness and many many more. And that is how being a mommy has changed me - learning new things daily, preparing for the unprepared and being on my toes all day (and night as well) long!


I may not look like a Mom, but I definitely feel like one. And I am not the same, I have changed in many ways than one! That is what Mommyhood did to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment