Thursday, August 6, 2015

Eggless Caulifower Crust Pizza

This pizza has been having its fame and popularity in the social network for quite sometime, mostly for the fact that it's gluten free. A variation from the routine diet is much preferred on Wednesdays for me. So Wednesday dinners are usually anything other than Roti or Rice, which makes it range from Pizzas to Burgers and whatever can come in between!

I love making my food from scratch! I am sure there are quite a lot of people like me who prefers that way too. It gives me joy, satisfaction and assurance about what goes into my loved ones' tummy. I love baking and I may not be an expert, but I try out everything I can. The only preference being eggless since I rarely like to add eggs when I bake. So when I saw this pizza with cauliflower base doing the rounds, I had to make it. It was doughless, no-yeast and less work. What more reason do you need especially when you crave for pizza all of a sudden and there is no proofed dough at home! I scouted the net for eggless recipes and finally figured out a way to do it!


 Recipe adapted from here and here.

Ingredients:
  • Cauliflower - 1 large
  • Cheese - 1/2 - 3/4 cup (parmesan/ parmesan + mozarella/ parmesan + cream cheese)
  • Salt - to taste
  • Pepper - 1/4 tsp
  • Italian seasoning - 1 tbsp
  • Pizza sauce
  • Your favourite toppings
Method:
  • Cut the cauliflower into florets and clean them. Dry them completely.
  • Process the cauliflower until fine and coarse
  • Transfer this into a microwave safe bowl, cling wrap it tightly and cook for 7 minutes. 
  • Once it cools down, place it into a cheesecloth  and squeeze out the water. Repeat till no water comes out and it is dry.
  • Preheat oven to 210°C.
  • In a bowl, mix cauliflower, cheese, salt, pepper and the seasoning.
  • Arrange the dough into the baking tray and spread it out with your fingers.Do not make it too thin as the crust will become soggy. 
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is firm and golden.
  • Top with your favourite sauce and toppings and place it back in the oven and toast for an additional 5-8 minutes until the cheese melts. 

1 comment:

  1. I love pizza. Looks so yummy.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete