Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hello!

Last couple of days have been tiring and lazy too. My weekend started on a bright and cheery note. I met a couple of new friends and had a lovely brunch with them. I had another lovely get together with the apartment friends in the evening, with us, mommies, chatting and chilling over popcorn, maggi and hajjis while the kids fought, played, and fought again. But what started off as a lovely weekend turned terrible with me feeling miserable the whole night, feeling feverish and nauseous. We woke up the next morning with the little boy coughing. 


Saturday was mostly on the bed, groggy and tired, with no energy to do anything else. As much as I tried to keep calm, there were times when I lost my cool on the little boy to the extent of him telling his daddy that "Amma is very cranky today", something that left me feeling guilty and ashamed. Everything felt overwhelming and all that I wanted was to lie down on bed without worrying about anything else. Yet, in the night, I had a lovely chat with one of my favourite girls, a right from the heart talk about our worries and happiness, the future and babies, and that was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits that despite a long night, with the little boy coughing all through the night and throwing up twice, I still felt a sense of calm. 

It was B's birthday on Sunday and although I had charted out a few plans, nothing worked out finally with the sleepless nights and feeling sick. Yet, we had a lovely evening that day. We went out with our friends to a puzzle place called The Escape Room and we had a wonderful 45 minutes playing Prison Break. It was fun solving riddles to find the next clue and finally to finish the game. And then we had an amazing time restaurant hopping, something none of us had ever done, having appetiser from Kria, main course from Nagarjuna (although I wanted to try out Shaap, but in the end, Nagarjuna and it's tasty meals won!) and dessert from Art of Delight. I did think I would bake a cake for the birthday boy on Monday but there was a huge pile of housework to finish (there always is and it never seem to finish!) and the cake still remains in the to do list. But, I did make his favourite breakfast today and got a bright smile in return. 


The little boy is still under the weather and I've not been sending him to school so that he rests  well for the infection to subside. A close friend is getting married today, and I was very excited to be there on her big day. But thanks to our chaotic planning and me expecting B to join me for the Trivandrum trip, I wasn't able to book my flight tickets and instead making last minute plans to take the train or  bus. But with the little boy not well, I was scared to do an overnight trip with him, and that meant skipping the wedding. Yet, it's sad when you have made plans to go home and have been eagerly looking forward to it only to cancel it in the last minute. But I'll not complain much since all I want is the little boy to get well soon and if that means, staying put at home, I'll gladly do it.

I am hoping to be more productive this week, although the weather is not helping at all. Our food routine too had gone haywire too in the last week and I am trying to get us back to clean eating. After a long time, I made a weekly meal chart (I may not follow it to a T, but this most definitely works as my reference guide), which has always helped me be more organised when it comes to getting food onto the table. I am trying to juggle the truckload of work that I seem to be having at the moment, but I am hoping to get past it one at a time, and I am trying to stay positive when it comes to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment